Module I- Franchising: Defined
At the end of this module students will be able to:
1. Discuss the Theoretical Underpinnings of Franchising.
2. Appreciate the vocabulary of franchising.
3. Identify franchising from the perspective of both the Franchisor and Franchisee and the basic franchise law.
– Types of Franchises
– Four essential elements of business format franchising
– Two types of franchising arrangements:
– There are two ways a multi-unit franchise can be achieved:
– International Franchising
– Commonly used Terms in Franchising